Android Engineer (Vancouver, British Columbia)
At Mojio, we’re connecting the cars of today for the journeys of tomorrow. Backed by leading investors including Amazon and Deutsche Telekom, Mojio is driving the global adoption of its connected car technology via its growing portfolio of mobile network operator customers, including T-Mobile in the US, Austria and Czech Republic, Bell, Rogers and Telus in Canada, and Telekom Deutschland in Germany. With more than 7 billion miles worth of real-world driving data, we have created one of the largest and fastest-growing big data pools in the automotive industry. If you’re interested in joining us on our mission to give every vehicle a voice, apply now!
- Contribute to the engineering efforts in building the Android mobile application and Java SDK.
- Contribute in improving engineering processes in the mobile team when it comes to feature planning and development, release planning and versioning, addition of automated test depth, CI pipeline
- Deliver apps to Google Play with enhanced features and capabilities, while also maintaining and continually improving engineering velocity and quality.
- Participate in managing the Android team while facilitating a healthy, inspiring, and collaborative culture
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience working with key technologies for the Android platform
- Fluency in Java
- Knowledge of Kotlin
- Experience building robust Android applications with extensible components
- Experience consuming and/or designing REST APIs
- Strong UI development skills
- Experience with various Android test frameworks
Our Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary and options package
- Excellent benefits (health, dental and vision)
- Cell phone plan with access to the latest smartphones
- Team outings to have fun with the rest of the team
- Our kitchen is always stocked with healthy (and some not-so-healthy) snacks
- Free Mojio for your car (obviously!)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or on the basis of disability.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.