Arm Network Engineer
Job ID #: 14120
Job Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
Division: Connectivity Management
Department: Connectivity – Server Infrastructure
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Glasgow
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
As part of our Infrastructure team you will work closely with senior team members to scope, design and implement creative solutions across Arm’s world-class connectivity infrastructure and supporting systems, working within the team and with the wider organisation to deliver new deployments for internal and external projects. You will need a solid background in networking across a variety of platforms, with a detailed understanding of deploying and maintaining networking solutions in a cross-vendor infrastructure. Works well in a fast-paced environment and is both a self starter and is adept at collaborating both within and outside the team to take on larger problems.
Working in an environment where your opinion matters, you will form an instrumental part of crafting the direction of the organisation while working in a dynamic, agile environment with like-minded, open and adaptable colleagues.
You will be responsible for:
- Configuration and support of existing customer and Mobile Network Operator [MNO] connectivity within Arm’s bespoke Core Network
- Planning and Implementation of new connectivity during complex MNO and customer integrations
- Good interpersonal skills; interaction with Infrastructure, Support and Service Delivery teams
- Continuing Arm’s ‘Secure by Design’ philosophy in all implementations
What we are looking for:
- Strong cross-platform networking skills
- Unix systems administration experience (BSD/Solaris, in addition to Linux)
- Knowledge of RADIUS and associated AAA systems
- Awareness of various VPN implementations including IPsec, OpenVPN and L2TP
- A detailed understanding of BGP routing
- Database knowledge – MariaDB/MySQL
- Experience working with both service orientated architecture and microservice architectures
- An understanding of project delivery through both Agile and Waterfall models
- BSc level degree in a meaningful Computing Science field or equivalent work experience
We would like you to have:
- Experience of integration between various Private- and Public-Cloud platforms
- Experience of Database administration (MySQL/MariaDB)
- Understanding of the challenges of networking with containerised solutions
- A qualification such as CCNA or an AWS/Azure cloud connectivity qualification would be helpful
- Evidence of working within a security framework such as ISO27001
Further to the responsibilities above, we are also passionate about new solutions incorporating the following technologies:
- Software Defined Networking
- Virtual Routing and Switching frameworks
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.