Arm Software Engineer
Job ID #: 14353
Job Category: Software Engineering
Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
Division: Connectivity Management
Department: Connectivity – Server Infrastructure
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Glasgow
We are looking for enthusiastic software engineers to join Arm’s Connectivity team. Our talented engineers are working at the forefront of a number of interesting problem areas.
- Software design and implementation of many different types of systems – including APIs, frontends and batch processing services
- Tooling development to enable Arm technologies. This includes implementing support tools, libraries and CI tooling.
- Development of reference software and demos for Arm Partners to use and replicate in their own products.
- Build environments & Automation tooling
Are you someone who is passionate about working in a team with smart individuals on challenging problems? Or learning new technologies and understanding software systems?
We are a diverse, close team of engineers based in the Skypark in the Glasgow popular Finnieston area – we are seeking driven, diverse individuals who desire new challenges.
What will I be accountable for?
As a Software Engineer, you will be placed in a development team in Glasgow, UK where you will add to our solutions from day one, and be able to get to grips with the problems ranging across many exciting software areas. You’ll work across all aspects of the software lifecycle whilst getting support from and learning from the rest of the team. You will also have the opportunity to work with the other exciting technologies we create.
We work with various exciting and novel technologies in the IoT space and working together with us you will gain experience a lot of them – as well as working with more classical technologies.
What we are looking for:
- You should have a real passion for writing great software.
- You should take pride in your work.
- You have experience with common OO concepts
- You have a creative and structured approach to problem-solving
- You are an avid learning and self-improvement advocate
Experience in any of the following areas would improve your application:
- You enjoy working with multiple people over different teams in order to make our vision true
- You have diverse talents and are happy working with both backend and frontend code
- You write interesting and useful documentation that other people will find useful
- Using the Test Driven Development (TDD) approach to programming
- Working in an agile team to strive towards a common goal
- Working with our team to collaboratively influence the solutions we create
Your attributes include any of the traits listed below:
- An appreciation of how and why version control software is useful
- Some knowledge of Linux operating system and common terminal utilities
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery experience
- Familiarity with some of the ways in which software architectures differ
- Hands on experience with software debuggers
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.