IoT – Connected Car Engineer (Campbell, California)
At Mojio, we’re connecting the cars of today for the journeys of tomorrow. Backed by leading investors including Amazon and Deutsche Telekom, Mojio is driving the global adoption of its connected car technology via its growing portfolio of mobile network operator customers, including T-Mobile in the US, Austria and Czech Republic, Bell, Rogers and Telus in Canada, and Telekom Deutschland in Germany. With more than 7 billion miles worth of real-world driving data, we have created one of the largest and fastest-growing big data pools in the automotive industry. If you’re interested in joining us on our mission to give every vehicle a voice, apply now!
You will work on the design and creation of new features and opportunities around connected car and data services for future of connected devices, including:
- Designing and implementing cloud platform features to provide leading use cases around connected car services, such as:
- Developing PoC/prototype features with partners for future product
- Taking existing feature concepts and implementing them through to product for our cloud SaaS platform and existing infrastructure
- Implementing features that deal with high velocity IoT data
- Modularization of existing platform software for 3rdparty integrations (services, auto OEMs, etc.)
- Expansion of service integrations to support richer services
- Expansion of our service platform to more widely support integrations (such as smart cities, data partners, etc.)
- Support data from connected vehicles as well as other IoT devices
- Providing solutions while maintaining privacy and security requirements.
Who You Are
- Masters or bachelor’s in computer science related topics
- Strong technical skills
- Experience with SaaS and IoT big data processing
- Experience with Azure or AWS cloud systems
- Experience with efficient processing of large data systems with technologies like big data (Hadoop, etc.) Spark, etc.
- Coding skills in one or more of: C/C++, C#, Python, Java as well as higher level frameworks such as .Net, Spark, Service Fabric, NoSQL stores, etc.
- Experience with IoT streaming time-series data
Other job requirements:
- Ability to work with a distributed team to creating great collaborative solutions
- An open mind to new opportunities and new solutions
- Good architectural knowledge to provide platform and efficient solutions rather than one-off snowflakes.
- Strong interest in connected car, autonomous and the future of transportation.
Our Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary and options package
- Excellent benefits (health, dental and vision)
- Cell phone plan with access to the latest smartphones
- Team outings to have fun with the rest of the team
- Our kitchen is always stocked with healthy (and some not-so-healthy) snacks
- Free Mojio for your car (obviously!)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or on the basis of disability.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.