Mobile App and UI/UX Designer
Yonomi is the IoT company bringing your home to life. We build smart home technologies for people and companies to connect devices, integrate platforms, and streamline the smart home experience.
Used in more than 150 countries, the Yonomi App is the best way to create automated routines for all your smart home devices. Yonomi makes it simple to discover and connect the most popular devices through one simple app to truly automate your home. Yonomi is currently available as a mobile app on both iOS, Android, Alexa, and the Google Assistant. The Yonomi mobile app automatically discovers connected devices and then helps you combine them in to simple Routines that do things like turn on the lights when you arrive home, adjust the thermostat when you leave, or brew a pot of coffee and play a lullaby when your baby wakes up. Yonomi works with over 200 popular smart home devices products such as Philips Hue lights, Nest thermostats, Sonos speakers, Google Home, Amazon Alexa and many more.
Yonomi also provides enterprise solutions with our Yonomi One and Yonomi ThinCloud products — partnering with innovative companies like Schlage® and Gentex to drive a new era of smart home experiences. Our products provide developers with the tools to build, integrate, and scale consumer-focused products and services.
We are a talented, high performing team pioneering what we believe to be the most important new consumer technology arena in our lifetime. If you possess exceptional talent and can match our passion for changing the world, we’d love to have you join us for what’s sure to be an incredible ride!
Yonomi was founded in 2013 and is dual-headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, and Austin, Texas. Find out more at https://www.yonomi.co
Yonomi makes a powerful cloud platform and suite of apps that dramatically enhance and simplify life with connected devices.
We are a talented, high performance team pioneering what we believe to be the most important new consumer technology arena in our lifetime. If you possess exceptional talent and can match our passion for changing the world, we’d love to have you join us for what’s sure to be an incredible ride!
Yonomi, a smart home automation app and platform company, is looking for an outstanding UI/UX designer to lead design and user experience of our mobile app and assist with our enterprise products and in other areas of the company.
Daily responsibilities include updating the mobile, working on user experience design for our products, content and icon design/generation for the mobile apps, and working with the marketing and social teams. Additional responsibilities may include helping with the website, email design/content generation, technical drawings, and more, and helping us refine our brand.
We’re looking for someone who is available to to help define our brand and style for the future across a number of areas and be a integral part of our team.
Benefits & Perks
* Yonomi is proudly dual-headquartered in Boulder, CO and Austin, TX. In addition to bright, comfortable offices in the center of two of America’s great cities for quality of life, we offer employees the following benefits and perks:
* Competitive salary and compensation, including 401k program with company matching
* Options for full and partial health insurance, as well as vision and dental benefits
* Unlimited vacation policy
* Generous parental leave and family medical leave
* Flexible work schedule and remote work policy
* Commuter/travel assistance
* Paid travel to work from other Yonomi offices during the year
* The latest smart home technology to outfit your house or apartment
What You’ll Do
* Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
* Communicate and work effectively with a distributed team working in a few beautiful cities (Austin, TX & Boulder, CO). Occasional travel between offices will be required.
* Own the design and experience aspects of the Yonomi App
* Shape the Yonomi brand’s personality
* Work closely with our iOS and Android developers
* Generate art assets and style guides for use in the app and internally
* Assist with marketing & social content
* Assist with technical documentation drawings
What You Bring
* 4 or more years of experience designing mobile apps
* A portfolio available that showcases your previous design work
* An understanding of responsive design with a mobile focus: mobile apps work on many screen form factors, and your users have input on how things like content is scaled
* You understand and respect for the human interface guidelines for the platforms you are designing for
* You have a desire to continue to iterate and improve your work and self
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
* Familiarity with Smart Home technology
* Web-design skills and email template/content skills
* Technical drawing skills
* Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
* This is a full-time position. Contractors and part-time work will not be considered. Relocation to Austin, Texas or Boulder, Colorado required.