Senior Developer Evangelist Manager, IoT
About the role
The Internet of Things is driving the requirement for a disruptive change in the way connected devices and services are created and deployed. Arm’s IoT Platform makes this possible by providing the operating system, cloud services, tools and developer ecosystem to make the creation and deployment of commercial, standards-based IoT solutions possible at scale.
Are you excited about enabling developers and organizations to bring ground breaking innovations into the world of IoT?
You will have the opportunity to be part of a global multi-disciplinary team that plays a key role in ensuring the success of the Mbed and Pelion developer community and customers. You will lead a team of engineers focused on understanding the needs of professional developers and working in conjunction with our product teams to deliver market ready solutions while fostering an awesome developer experience. This is a developer facing role where you will represent the collective voice of the developer community to the internal organization and vice versa.
You’re already a world-class engineer, who is a subject matter expert in one of our technology areas. You can use your knowledge to inspire other developers, and help them create production grade solutions.
What will I be accountable for?
- Be actively involved in developer outreach activities, from hosting hackathons to running webinars. You are outgoing, optimistic and like to help developers reach success.
- Be a thought leader and inspire people in the Internet of Things space through blog posts, proof of concepts, or other means that you develop end-to-end. People should think of *you* when they think IoT.
- Be a critical internal customer. You’ll be the first person that gets their hands on our new software, and you’ll evaluate how developer friendly and complete our offerings are. You can clearly communicate this to the product teams, and help them make our products better.
- Identify key technology trends, and use Arm’s products to build demo’s, proof of concepts or other content around this technology. Then work with marketing to promote your solutions.
- Able to build solid professional relationships and rapport with our developer base
- Lead a small team of passionate engineers
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
Education & Qualifications
- At least 5-10 years of industry experience shipping products, preferably in the IoT space.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical area (or equivalent work experience).
- Experience building end-to-end IoT systems, from embedded software to the cloud.
- Experience leading a technical team
Essential Skills & Experience
- Inventive and out-of-box thinker, strong inter-personal skills.
- Self-starter, and can work effectively in a global, distributed team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Willingness to travel 25-50%, both international and domestic.
- Consistent track record leading an engineering or engineering developer team
- Ability to inspire and collaborate with internal, and external stakeholders, to achieve extraordinary results.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with Mbed.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills.
- Application development experience in at least one higher level language.
- Familiarity with IoT protocols such as CoAP or MQTT.
- Experience with wireless technologies such as BLE, LoRa, 6LoWPAN, Thread or WiFi.
- Experience developing and debugging connected applications utilizing Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) on Cortex-M micro controllers. Embedded Linux is a plus.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.