Software Engineer – Yonomi One
Yonomi is an Internet of Things startup working on consumer and enterprise focused connected smart home platforms. We are hiring an exceptional full-time or part-time full-stack Software Engineer to help build-out both platforms.
You may be responsible or assist with development across an extensive set of projects including: backend platform design & development, API design and development, 3rd-party device integration with a wide range of consumer-focused connected devices, and much more.
We have offices in downtown Austin, Texas and Boulder, Colorado, and are accepting applicants for either location.
• Experience with REST-based API design and development
• Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB)
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience interacting with web services (REST, JSON) and implementing data serialization and deserialization
• Experience with Git, writing unit tests, continuous deployment, and code documentation
• Passion for connected devices, the internet of things, and smart homes
• Interest in pushing frameworks and SDKs to their limits to enable functionality competitors can’t match
• Desire to work with a small, world-class and hard driving team to push connected-home technology forward and make users lives easier
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with a distributed team working in a few beautiful cities. Occasional travel to Boulder, Colorado may be required.
• Deep knowledge of connected devices, smart home technology, home automation, and the internet of things
• Experience with ZeroMQ
• Experience integrating with third-party cloud APIs and mobile SDKs
• Experience deploying and managing services on AWS or Heroku
• Android application and Java development
• iOS application and Objective-C development
• Experience with low-level protocols including HTTP and UPnP
• Full-stack experience and the ability and desire to contribute to a small-team in multiple ways
Yonomi is a funded, revenue-generating startup developing a powerful cloud platform and suite of apps that dramatically enhance and simplify life with connected devices. Yonomi is currently available as a mobile app on both Android and iOS, with other exciting platforms soon to follow. The Yonomi mobile app automatically discovers connected devices and then helps you combine them into simple routines that do things like turn on the lights when you arrive home, adjust the thermostat when you leave, or brew a pot of coffee and play a lullaby when your baby wakes up. Yonomi already works with over 60 popular smart home devices products such as Belkin Wemo switches, Philips Hue lights, Nest thermostats, Sonos speakers, Amazon Echo, and many more.
We are a talented, high performance team pioneering what we believe to be the most important new consumer technology arena in our lifetime. If you possess exceptional talent and can match our passion for changing the world, we’d love to have you join us for what’s sure to be an incredible ride!